- Objectives of the Intercultural Readiness Approach
- Assessing intercultural competences with the IRC
- Rationale behind the competences
- Outcomes of IRC Assessment
- For which purposes can the IRC be used?
- The IRC in its current format is less ideal for:
- For whom is it appropriate?
- Clarifying the term Competence
The degree to which people actively try to influence their social environment, based on a concern for building relationships and integrating different people and concerns. The scores indicate to what extent a person focuses on the different people with whom he or she is interacting; knows how to engage them and get them committed to a shared goal. People with high scores invest into developing relationships and building strong and diverse networks. They constantly seek to understand the needs and interests of different stakeholders, and feel confident that they can create flexible solutions to meet those needs.
- Facet 1 – Building Relationships
- Facet 2 – Reconciling Stakeholder Needs
- Building Commitment and cooperating in multicultural teams
- Is management of social processes more important for multicultural than for monocultural teams?
- Building Commitment and managerial/leadership competences
- Leadership or Management?
- Transactional and transformational leadership
Get your IRC profile and feedback today!
Assessing intercultural competences with the IRC
We assess current levels of competence of individuals/groups by using the Intercultural Readiness Check (IRC; see below). The IRC is a valid and reliable intercultural self-assessment tool. It can be accessed online and allows for in-depth personalised feedback. Individuals receive written individual and confidential feedback, providing input for detailed competence-specific action plans and follow-up learning. It forms the basis for constructive advice on the strengths and developmental areas for each competence, and for exploring the implications of the group’s profile with participants.
Jalal is the founder of Talent Leadership www.Mouti.net, an entrepreneurial and innovative community to share the knowhow and boost talent.